Saturday 9 November 2013

Scary Movie 5

Scary Movie 5 (2013)
Certificate: 15

Oh good grief... (Penfold!) Well, I seem to remember hearing or reading somewhere that this film was going to revive the Scary Movie series... I was therefore looking forward to it. But sadly this is not a good spoof film, a genre which people seem to have forgotten how to make properly. Gone are the heady days of Airplane, Naked Gun, Top Secret and the first Scary Movie. This is just bloody awful and I feel I need some sort of medal for making it all the way through to the end.. I chuckled at maybe 2 or 3 bits (a small chuckle mind you) and smiled distantly at 1 or 2 others, but most of the film left me wondering who on Earth the target audience was mean't to be. Clearly not fans of the original to which there was really no connection at all - completely different cast, completely different feel. Some parts where they were obviously going for big laughs were just pathetic attempts at being silly for the sheer sake of it, trying far too hard. Will stick with the original trilogy of Scary Movies, even the dodgy 2nd one is tonnes better than this!

1.5/10 (and I'm being generous!)

No comments:

Post a Comment