Thursday 14 November 2013

World War Z

World War Z (2013)
Cert. 15

I was mostly looking forward to seeing this film, but afterwards I was left feeling like I'd somehow not seen the film I was hoping to see. And I can't quite put my finger on what was missing. It is odd to watch a zombie film and not see gore, but that wasn't it... And Brad Pitt being the superstar he is seemed like he was never in any real danger... but that wasn't quite it either. It was well acted, and the effects were great. It was fast-paced and fairly exciting.. I just don't know. But I went into this ready to give it a 4½ or 5 out of 5, but it's just a 3½ for me (Lovefilm ratings there!). I didn't like the ending. It felt too rushed, almost like someone had said - that's it, spent all the money on effects, gotta wrap this up quick! Oh well, perhaps I'll read the book, it's mean't to be much better.

Language: Not very much from what I recall
Sex/Nudity: None
Violence/Gore: A fair bit of violence but extremely little blood, never mind gore
Atmosphere: I never quite felt it, the excitement of the adventure had the effect of doing away with any sense of horror for me

7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment